Thursday, August 23, 2007

day 27

day 27

Yesterday I went out to the super market and bought all of the food I need for the trip. I got 2 bags of pretzels rice cakes and waffles. I had the waffles for dinner they are terrable so I'm gonna find somthing else. I also went to the train station to buy my train ticket to munich I used my credit card it took 2 tries but it worked. I also withdrew money from my checking acount using a german atm. and booked the hostel and emailed ruth to tell her I would be in munich for 3 days.

Today I woke up and I was confused because it was 7:30 and the american group should have left at 5:00 in the morning but I heared voices but I couldn't understand them I figued it was because I had just woken up and could think german yet. So I got up and walked into the kitchen expecting to see the american group but nobody was there. so I started making pancakes and I saw two arab people walking out of the canadian girls room (she left on wensday). Apparently the goethe institute decided to move the arab people who are going to be here for 9 months (to complete 7 levels of german) into the canadian girls room. I don't like the arab group they are loud childish and look like they think it is the 80's in america. they are all wearing mullots and are wearing 80's like clothing, its disturbing.

today I hope to get online again and research
the times to leave munich to get back here
exact directions to the hostel from the train station
how much it cost to tour dochoe or if I can tour it at all.


In afew hours when it gets warm out I plan to go for a bike ride around the area.
I'll need to pack but I think I'll have to do that sunday.

I found out yesterday that joe is no longer going to central and miller transfered to another school. Then I realized all my close friends at central have either transfered or graduated. and ontop of that since miller transfered my single room in the bottom of firth has been taken by somebody else who will probably stay the whole year so the liklyhood of me getting my own room is rapidly decreasing. which means the violin making plan will need to be revised or thrown out entirly. my only real hope is that tim has his own room and that I can take it when he goes abroad next semester. but I think he has a room mate. I think if I have to have a room mate christa will work on getting me with someone that I already kinda know.

I am considering what I want to do when I get back to central do I want to go with the 20 meal plan, the 1 meal plan, or not get meal plan at all and feed myself. I'm not sure what would be cheaper. if I could feed myself with my work study money I could save mom and dad over $1000. but as I know I'm not very good at picking a variety of food to eat (i.e. spagehitti every night) I will need to raid moms recipe box and pick food based on that.

also I have to decide what I want to do about my independent study next semester patzia has said I could add a credit to one of my existing 200 lvl classes which gives me "modern thought" and "readings in aquinas" since readings in aquinas is a 300 lvl class (which basically means they added enough stuff to the 200 lvl class to make it 300 and add an extra credit to it) and it is taught by ray. I don't want to add an extra creit to it (ray is a loosy teacher). I think I would like to add a crdit to modern thought whch is taught by patzia (the better philosophy teacher) ussually adding a credit means writing a long paper (5 pages) which should take me no more than 2 weeks. and modern thought is probably more easy to write a paper in. I think i would like to do somthing on descartes. maybe somthing on his proof of god and his proof of his own existance and if the two are compatible or not. but I should take a look at the sylibus before I decide any thing.

I'm gonna be busy next semester I will have all the exit interview and graduation stuff and finding a career to do ontop of classes. life is gonna suck for the next two years. I'm not sure what the exit interview entails, and I'm not sure what to expect for graduation stuff any info any of you could offer would be helpfull.

I found an internet room at goethe that is open during most of the break. I went in there yesterday to talk to mom. I was confused why it was two separet rooms about the same size (8'x8') and why there were two large boxes on the floor that wouldn't move. eventually I figuered out that there was tile on the walls and that there were closed off water valves just above the boxes on the floor. I must have been a bathroom at one point. but why they would change a bathroom into a computer room is still confusing me. atleast I understand now why they only have the one bathroom down stairs for the whole building.

I was talking to james yesterday and he was happy, he asked me why is every thing better in germany? I replyied I don't know then he went into how since every one in america came from here you think it would be the place to be, but every thing is better here (in germany) and I replied yeah like the cost of food and gas. then he said yeah but vegtables are cheaper here and I said but meat is way more expensive. I don't think he has seen enough of america to realize how cool america actually is. he has spent most of his life in rural iowa. europe is all the same one over crowded city right next to another america every city is slightly different and out natural land marks are far more impresive. afew days ago james started prasing the randomness of the street systems here in europe and complaining about the grid system in america. he doesn't seem to understand that grids make more sence. I think he will learn that pretty rapidly one his car trip today.

well I've been typing for nearly an hour now and its only 9:30 I'm gonna stop for a while.

No comments: