Sunday, May 6, 2007

day negative 84


Today I looked into going on "vacation" while in Germany and Austria I will have 11 days off in Germany (Aug 24th - Sept 3rd.) Then I have 21 days off in Austria (Dec 17th Jan 7th). I would like to go to Italy mostly Venice and Florence (if I have time I'm thinking of going to Rome) i would like to tour southern Europe in December. and I am considering touring Germany during the August break.

I looked a rail passes (http://www.raileurope.com) and found out that by buying a rail pass I buy unlimited tickets in the designated countries for a designated period of time (from 5- 15 days)

youth hostels general cost about $20-$30 a night. (hostelworld.com)

so the total of exploring Italy and western Austria would cost around $400-$500. I know that sounds high. but, a rail pass for 5 days costs about $300 and hostels for every night comes to about $100-$120 total and I'll probably want to eat in that time so $500 is a good estimate that goes slightly over.

No comments: