Thursday, May 10, 2007

negative 80

As this blog is supposed to be a way of informing friends and family of my life while abroad I should really start typing about my day to day life to get use to doing it two to three times a week. So here it goes.

Yesterday was the last day of finals. Today I woke up at 4:00 AM to finish my metaphysics paper on Aristotle I didn't do so well. If I fail any class it will be metaphysics. But, I have decided to take it in stride if that does occur. After finishing the paper I slid it under his door and went for a bike ride around the square at about six thirty I decided to eat breakfast. cuifs was not open yet so I bought 2 cereal bars at a gas station and had dinner watching the squirrels in the square. I then came back got my tools ready and went to work.

Over the course of the past two years I have been doing work study with physical plant (college facilities maintenance) I had extra hours left over at the end of the year, and I am considering going into facilities maintenance as a career. so I convinced my supervisor to let me work 2 eight hour shifts today and tomorrow. it was not hard to convince him. I'm a good worker and every one a physical plant loves me. in fact he asked me to work over the summer but I can't it doesn't pay nearly enough.

I worked with Dave (he is my least favorite person to work with sometimes I have to tell him what to do and he is the professional) I changed filters on the furnaces and air handlers in the language houses, Nance, Mentink and most of the hallway filters in Graham. then we went to KAC and I watched him climb a ladder and work on an air handler for nearly 2 hours. the thing I don't like about Dave is that he seems lost most of the time, he is extremely talkative (especially with the custodial staff) and when I work with him I don't really get anything done we just go around a check things for potential problems maybe. and he does all the work and apologizes for it.

now I'm back in my room Joe is over he is playing video games and we are planning to go out latter after it gets dark and burn a log that I stole after an ice storm we had this winter (I was going to use it for wood working but it cracked while it was drying so now it is worthless)

thats all for now

tommarrow i have to work with dave again.

No comments: