Monday, October 22, 2007

day 87

today marks the half way point of my time in europe. i'm gonna celibrate by having ice cream and cake. while on the train on the way to graz i thought of two things. the first way a way to effectivly double the max lifting capacity of a tower crane by using a pneumatic ram to extend the counter weight arm. and how to make a computer automatically optimise the wieght and the presure needed to make it work. the second was about my prvious plan to go across america on my bike. (it had somthing to do with watching the foot hills of the alps go by on the train) and i revised it to being a combination train and bike tour to yellow stone national park. however when i looked up trains in america i quickly realized that it would cost about 10 times as much to go with the train than to drive my self. and since it is 1070 miles it would take me 8 days of riding all day to get there. then 8 days back. so i'm gonna research this more thoroughly.

No comments: