Monday, May 28, 2007

day negative 62

Today (memorial day) I went up to, were ever it is my brother and sister live, with my parents to go on a picnic. My sister had no idea were we were going but still wanted to be in charge. We eventually ended up in the sculpture garden and then the park on the other side on the highway. We ate lunch there. A squirrel would not leave us alone I pegged it on the nose and on the butt with small sticks but it just jumped around and sniffed them as if they were food. Then I threw a pop can at it and it ran off.
While riding back Jon had the great idea of pushing my mothers bike while riding his. needless to say he fell off. I'm not sure why he thinks he doesn't need to wear a helmet but he should have been wearing one this time. He hit the back of his head on the asphalt and scraped his knee pretty bad. However, I don't think he learned his lesson about helmets.

I went for a ride by myself tonight with my bike set up for time trialling. I left at 20:30 hoping to get back before sunset. but, I got a flat tire that set me back for nearly 20 minutes I probably could have rushed it a little faster. But, it was the first time that I used CO2 cartridges successfully and I didn't want to mess it up. I go back at 21:23.

tomorrow I hope to;
1. fix garbage disposal
2. call bank about my check card
3. complete more visa stuff
4. research bike shipment
5. research rail pass
6. figure out if I have to; take 12 credits while in Austria, or take 12 credits at Vienna institute
7. buy CO2 cartridges
8. clean whole house
9. find a job

No comments: