Tuesday, June 12, 2007

day negative 47


I left for Chicago on Saturday with my father to apply for a visa we stayed with my grand father (a man who I deeply respect) both Saturday afternoon and all of Sunday. the drive down was nice dad drove for 2 hours then I drove for 2 and dad finished it off. we spent the evening with papa and slept in his living room. I woke up at 5:00 on Sunday and went for a walk around the community then made breakfast (Belgium waffles) and went for a linger walk before church when I got back we went to church. the topic was racism and how you don't need to be white to be racist. this is an amazing concept considering that they taught us in Iowa that if you are white then you are racists. I have a hard time when people lecture me on racism because I'm not racist (I'm color blind) I just hate idiots. the sermon tried to promote "anti-racism" where you intentionally go out to prove you aren't racist which is probably worse than racism you are treating people a certain way because of the color of there skin and weather you treat them better or worse because of it you are still racist the point of equality is equality not special treatment.

After church we went to a Italian restaurant it was very good. then my father and I went to see my grand mother I gave her one of the wooden tulips I made. that evening we watched a show on south west Chicago on PBS and I organized my visa stuff

when I woke up the next day at 5:00 I remembered the password to my credit card account but I could not get online and I thought I needed a credit card statement to give proof of sufficient funds so I was freaking out.

when we got to the consulate in the wriggly building we waited inline for what we thought was the consulate which had a really mean lady yelling a some Indian people luckily we found out we were in the wrong line and moved over to see a much calmer guy who let us upstairs we got upstairs and there was a large carved wooden door that was locked we buzzed to get in but nothing happened luckily a man walked out so we got in after he left. we waited for 15 minutes for the consulate to see me and i had everything that i needed right there everything he asked my for i presented to him right away i went incredibly smoothly. after that we walked to the John Hancock building and went up to the observatory. it was really cool. then we went to a library were they display modern art. i remember going to this place as a child and it never really did any thing for me. modern art is the work of talentless hacks who haven't been judged by time. true art is suppose to move the soul (like Da Vinci, Michelangelo, raphiel, Donatello, ect...) modern art is basically some idiot trying to promote his agenda.

then we went to a concert featuring the juliani group. i was good but far from perfect in my opinion. the drive home went well.


now I am baking cinnamon swirl bread

the reason I respect my grand father so much is that he always strives to do what is the right thing to do

I started growing morning glories on last Monday they are suppose to germinate in 10-14 day mine stated to sprout in just 5. i transplanted 5 geraniums into the pot with them and now only two are left. hopefully they will continue growing.

I have been riding Lebanon hills a lot I think I have the trail mostly memorized. my time is improving with each trip I have been riding the XX-loop and I think my technique is improving.

I am planing on cleaning my garage tomorrow which involves moving everything out of my side and sweeping then cleaning everything before I move it back I should take most of the day.

that all that I can think of right now so I will stop typing now.

No comments: