Tuesday, July 31, 2007

july 30th day 2








ther is one big church(lots of smaller ones)
one big castle
and lots of timber frame houses

I took the placement exam today i was placed in A2.2 the third beginners class I expected to get higher
but it consisted of a grammar test and even in English I suck at grammar tests.

last night at about 3:00 am I met my roommate I heard the door open I freaked out and woke up put a
shirt on then fell asleep again once I realized what was going on

this morning I woke up at 6:30 and walked around the city I ran into Maggie and we walked around for
a while then had breakfast at the Hotel Goldener Adler she went back to sleep and I went to take placement tests

I found another bike shop I would like to visit that some time today. Tonight I think there is a tour of Schwabisch Hall that will show me were all the food stores and such are. Then dinner with the central group. I had a hard enough time getting here I can't imagine how hard it will be for the people who don't speak German.

There is wifi here but you need a pass phrase and I’m not sure if it is the colleges or not

it is now noon I should try to pay the key deposit and get some lunch.

I payed the key deposit and found a super market how ever the don't care food there they just care stuff like cleaners and dog food and cosmetics

I visited the closer bike shop they have used bikes like I want starting from 120 euros I would visit the othere but I’m not sure how far it is or know how to get there also i have 2:30 hours before dinner were I plan to make up for my lack of lunch.

had dinner with the group found out the wifi is not the colleges it is somebody else’s so I will be typing this stuff on word transferring it at the college on week days

so far I have scored the best of all of the central students which I guess is pretty good I'm still not sure if
I’m in the right class but we will see tomorrow

I saw my roommate for the second time today he was going to sleep this after noon so I didn't disturb him I still don't know his name my wild guess is he is from Spain or western Europe

every one who arrived today had a much easier time getting here than I did.

I think I have adjusted to this city now. I can see my self surviving here for a while

I think I faced my greatest fear yesterday, the fear of not knowing how to do something independently. I was lost and could do nothing for myself and learned that no matter what I will survive and I have to live with things that I do and nothing can change that. some advice I gave to a girl today who was freaking out today about not having the right stuff or her phone not working is there is nothing you can do about it now, now you have to focus on the moment this is a lesson I think I will never forget don't worry about things you can't control
and also don't delude yourself into thinking that you have control when you don't

I’m tired I’m going to bed

No comments: