Tuesday, July 3, 2007

my crazy plan

since the beginning of last semester I have been researching a stupid idea that will probably never happen. the plan is designed to do two things 1: avoid people 2: avoid paying off college loans

the plan starts off by working a job (probably a worthless job like the TK job) for about 5 years paying a little more than the minimum on my college loans after saving up nearly $20,000 then withdraw all of the money and move to anchorage with out notifying any one I would then find a plot of land far away from any large city (maybe 10 miles from a small town with a general store) next to a fresh water river (that salmon spawn in) on the top of a hill I would then build a log cabin live in it for the rest of my life during the first few years I would add on a green house and a cellar and maybe solar panel array and maybe a windmill water pump

the plan is to make the cabin in the first year and make it so I could survive in it. the second year I would add on the green house the next year I would add on the cellar. the next year I would add on the solar array. then the windmill

the cabin it self would be in the shape of an L (16 ft on two sides and 8 ft on 4 sides I would have a wood burning stove on the 16ft side the kitchen would be in the corner third combined with a dining/ living area the sleeping area would be on one of the outer thirds mixed with the living/dining area the other third would be the working area which would be loosely insulated from the kitchen/sleeping area during the winter. the door will be on the shop side facing the fourth quadrant under the roof. the roof will be plastic and thatch on logs covering the L shape and the hypotenuse between the two inside corners. I plan to store fire wood across the outer line of the hypotenuse from the ground up to the roof this will hold out snow and help to insulate the cabin. I am considering a larger door on the outside small edge on the shop side.

the green house would have to be internally connected to the cabin it would have to span the length of the 16 ft side of the cabin and protrude about 5-8 ft out so I can grow edible plants and other useful plants like aloe

the cellar would go from the adjacent outer wall of the door under the hypotenuse roof going under the house going down at a 22.5 degree angle it will extend past the other side of the cabin and stop at the depth that the ground is a constant temperature I will dig a well going into the cellar so I can drain it when it floods.

the solar array would be on the roof and I would like to have it power NI-MH car batteries which would go into at dc- ac converter so I could run a fridge and maybe a light.

the windmill would be on top of a tower that holds one or two 50 gallon drums. the windmill would pump water up to the top of the barrels and gravity would pull the water through a filter taking up the full diameter of the top drum. of course this would only work in the winter and during windy days but on those days i could store up to 100 gallons of clean water.

i am also considering connecting the windmill to an altinator so i can get electricity during the dark winter days. in order to do this i would have to put the diode bridge by the bearings and other moving parts to keep them from freezing up during winter.

of course there would be an outhouse


I would bring my mountain bike along with every thing I would need to keep it working for several years. so I could get to the city so I could buy supplies as needed .

I would bring a varsity of weapons ranging from small pistol crossbow to a full blown hunting crossbow along with a large caliber semi automatic handgun I would use the cross bows to hunt for food such a deer rabbits and other game I would carry the gun with me at all times in case of bear attack.

this plan hinges on the idea that i can build a log cabin in 6 months before winter sets in. a contingency plan in to build a small leanto out of logs and live in there until the cabin is capable of being lived in then the leanto would be used for storage.


the biggest concerns I have about executing this plan is that I will not be souly responsible of paying off my loans and the debt would be pushed off to my parents.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your crazy

Zero_Cool said...

i am crazy