Thursday, July 5, 2007

negative 24

Yesterday was the fourth of July. My parents watched my nephews all day and the family came over to eat supper at 5 o'clock. Everybody left soon afterwards except my brother who stayed to watch firefly with my parents and I. I rode up to apple valley to watch the fireworks and people watch. I rode out there with out my headlight on but on the ride back it was pitch dark. my head light worked perfectly as usual throwing out a confined beam roughly 20-30 feet and a halo of scattered light covering the immediate area in front of my bike.

the fireworks themselves were very boring I'm not sure if fireworks in Minnesota are poorly done or if I have just gotten to the point were I don't fine loud shiny things to impressive anymore. the people watching went fairly terribly as well its like watching people in a movie theater they aren't doing much so I left early. on second thought I should have stayed until till the park was empty to see how people react when trying to get through traffic but that would have been dangerous.

I have only 24 days until I leave for Germany. I have a list of stuff I want and have to get done before I go;
I want to finish the semi truck
I want to finish some airplanes
I want to clean my garage and arrange it as a storage space (because I know my father will)
clean my room to the point that I could move out (donate stuff to goodwill)
make Chicago style pizza two or three more times (I'm close to perfecting it)
box up all the stuff I want to sell at Mary Luo's craft fair so its all in one place
give Julie my books with a price list
ride down town on a weekday so I can get use to being in a city
email everybody about my blog
develop more of a plan as to what I want to do with my life
clean my bikes and get them ready to not be used
clean Jacky (my dog)
dentist apointment july 10th (need get cholohexidine gluconate)
I think thats it for personal stuff.......................................
I have to
  • make budget
  • pick plane seats
  • tell check card people I'm going abroad (not sure how to do that)
  • get credit card online account (I have to call them)
  • tell credit card people in going abroad (not sure how to do that either)
  • finalize packing list (i think i got it but can't be sure)
  • research bike in Europe options, it appears it would be best to buy a cheap mountain/civilian bike and put nice tires on it
  • get rail pass ( i think i can do this over there)
in other news, my morning glories are starting to climb on their own and my geraniums (I only have three now) are growing again slowly the two I have left in the big pot are growing faster so I think I'm going to stop caring for the one in the small pot.

thats all for now..........

No comments: